Thursday, October 7, 2010

String Blocks Galore

For another one of my block swaps, the latest challenge was to make up string blocks.  We were given the fabric.  Isn’t it fun and cheerful?

I had also asked for string blocks when it was my month in June.   I sent out a pile of Heather Bailey fabrics and a white on white to use for a center strip.  The blocks are all in now and when I laid them out on the floor, this is what I have.  My little sweet pea kept trying to sneak off with the odd block (Cooper, aka The Artful Dodger, aka Mr. Chipper Shredder, aka Jaws).  Here he has accepted that I’m keeping a close eye on him, but he’s got a block or two ready to snatch, just in case I look away for like, I don’t know, two seconds?

The blocks are actually very colorful. Here’s one before the block was trimmed down to size.

I’m thinking this might make a fun lap quilt.  I could make up more blocks and have it rectangular.  But that would require making up twelve more blocks.  Hmmmm.  I’m thinking square isn’t so bad.  Wouldn’t this be a bright happy lap quilt to snuggle under while the winter winds blow? 

2 comments:

  1. I like the fabrics you are using for the string blocks. And that you are using different widths of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun string blocks. The white center really ties everything together well.

    ReplyDelete