Saturday, September 17, 2011

Possibilities

The For the  Love of Color Modern Swap is done.  There’s still the MiniQT Halloween swap to finish up before the end of the month.  But before that is the AccuQuilt Fall Blog Hop.  That’s in about a week and a half, so in the spirit of working to deadline, that’s what I’m up to.  At least thinking about it.

So.  A Fall themed project.  Where to begin? 

Well, I decided to begin with how each and every Fall out here in Colorado, I miss New Jersey.  NJ is where I grew up and it’s been a long, long time since I’ve been back there.  And it’s true that a mountain side ablaze with golden Aspen is a thing of beauty.  But here in town?  Honestly, it doesn’t amount to much.  Certainly not the brilliant wash of color I remember from childhood.

All of which is to say I’ve been thinking that for my  blog project, I’d like something that is about color.  Trees and leaves. 

These dies could make trees, right?

First off, fusing some trees and trunks.

On the die.

There they are.  Little trees.

And sewing rooms being what they are, before I knew it, I had the start of my very own orchard!

Aren’t they cute?  Of course, now I need to come up with something to do with them.  A bunch more put over a loosely pieced background?  Put together over subtly shaded blocks – perhaps theme related?  Put into their own little blocks?  Lined up to make a table runner?  Placemats? 

Geez.  I just don’t know.  Ideas anyone?

6 comments:

  1. Oh your trees are so cute!!!! Such a great idea! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too miss the wonders of trees in the fall.. I am from PA and I to have not been there in some time... I live in Indy for years and there the colors are wonderful... but for the last 14 years I have been in Florida... NO COLOR so sad, just green all the time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lollipop trees are so cute. I love how you can look at a die cut and create trees. You're such a clever person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees are so cute! I think they would look great on a runner. I'm getting ready for the AccuQuilt Fall Blog Hop too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your trees, Terrie! How clever you are! They would look pretty on a small wallhanging, too.

    ReplyDelete