Friday, January 17, 2014

What’s Going On . . .

I began the new year by cleaning out my sewing room.  It was an archeological dig!  Or time travel.  Or a horror show . . . (once I started stacking all those projects in process). Or, here’s a happier perspective, a treasure box – look at all the pretty things!

I set aside one of those projects and am once again steadily making progress (in my clean sewing room!) on a quilt project I started years ago. This one is destined for the bed and I’d like to finish it this winter.  That is probably too ambitious and delusional to boot, but it’s good to have a goal, right?

Here’s a bunch of little blocks I made up:

Those will finish up at 4 inches square.  Love the pretty colors.

The pattern is Echoes of the Past. I bought the pattern years ago at Quilt-a-Fair but here’s an online store showing the full quilt. The little blocks I’m showing above are actually meant to be part of an additional border I’m adding to make the quilt fit our bed.

Here’s the design wall showing some of those center blocks in process:

The bear on the lower right is actually not in the pattern. There were a couple blocks in the original I didn’t care for as much and I have a thing for bears, so I definitely needed a bear in my Southwest quilt.

And because I still need my little projects – a little zip purse using the tutorial I’ve got listed over on the side of the blog here.

Pretty French General. What’s not to like?

So, hey, what’s going on in your sewing room?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you when from horror show to a treasure trove. I'm just steadily working and enjoying the process along with some progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to find all those treasures!

    ReplyDelete