Sunday, November 1, 2015

GO! Pincushions

With Miniatures In Minutes foundations 



Once again I'm using the GO! Equilateral die to cut out patches for the Pyramid Triangle foundation from Miniatures in Minutes. Here they are, cut out and ready to apply to the foundation.


Since I had an odd shape, I marked blue X's on the foundation to show which patches would go down first. 


I placed the first two outer patches of each pincushion first.



Before adding the next set of patches that I could then sew top to bottom on the foundation.


Here it is with all the patches sewn onto the foundation.


At this point I cut the foundation to separate the two pincushions (since otherwise it would be just like me to forget and sew the two of them together). Below, the foundation on the left is trimmed and ready to Fold and Sew. The foundation on the right has its rows sewn together and just needs the paper removed. 


And the result? Cute little hexie pincushions!


There's the Pretty in Purple one:


But my favorite is the Red and White. So cute with some vintage fabrics that go way back.


I've got a busy week ahead, and I'm just not sure I've got sewing time on the radar. I'm hoping though. This GO! sew a week challenge has kept me moving on. Yeah, I'll have to squeeze some time in. Daylight Savings Time Fall Back.  Hey, I gained an hour!

2 comments: